Willard P.E. News
Amazingly we already are approaching the holiday season. This fall has flown by so quickly. As we approach Thanksgiving it always makes me reflect on the things that I am thankful for. I have so many things to be thankful for, my wonderful wife Leslie and my son Cameron, my home, my health and the great community of Willard where I work and teach with fantastic teachers and students as well as their families. I am truly blessed.
Here is what has been happening in PE class in case your children haven’t filled you in:
- Grades K-2 just completed a kicking/soccer unit. Students in these grade levels worked on the skills of kicking, trapping, dribbling and shooting through various lead-up games and skill-work.
- Grades K-2 this week are playing “monster” tag games. Next week will be moving onto a 2-week unit on parachute games.
- Grades 3-5 just completed a 3- week unit on Inline skating. I would like to especially thank my 3rd grade parent volunteers for taking the time to come in and help gear up our younger classes. It was so great to see our third grade students who had never skated before up and skating.
- This week grades 3-5 have now moved onto a 3-week soccer unit. Students will be working on kicking, trapping, dribbling, passing and shooting. Next week we will start class with some passing and goal keeping activities followed by an actual soccer game where students can use skills that they had previously worked on.
- Grades 3-5 will be doing the Pacer Run the second week in December in the gymnasium instead of the mile run due to the septic system construction that is happening. We will be doing increased time increments of jogging each week leading up to the run to improve our student’s stamina. Please encourage you children to get outside and do a little jogging whenever possible to help them to do well.
As always please don’t hesitate to email me if you have any questions or concerns at email@example.com
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!